Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Week 7- Ways to Multiply and Music Cues

This week was picture day! Haley and Hannah dressed the same and they both looked so cute!

Untitled

During the faculty meeting I taught the teachers about Evernote. We are using it for submitting lesson plans. I have also set up a notebook and sent the link to parents to they are able to access newsletters each week.

Untitled

My principal asked me about starting a technology blog. I have been trying to think of a catchy title for a technology blog but so far I haven't been able to come up with anything good. Do you have any suggestions?

I thought I'd also share about an iPad app I use called Music Cues. This app allows you to use the music on your iPad and title each for different things in the classroom. I use music a lot in class and often use it for transitions or to signal a certain time of the day.

Untitled

Multiplying was our focus in math the week. We made a flipbook about the 4 ways to multiply. We used the following forms: standard, lattice, partial product, and area model.

Untitled

Division is right around the corner and I wanted to share this idea with my teacher followers. At a workshop last week the presenter shared this with us. There are sticky hands on each vocabulary word. The hands stretch out and stick to the sheet protector with the problem in it. So you would take the hand on dividend and stick it on the dividend. I thought this was a great idea and think the kids would like this.

Untitled

STUDENTS: Which way to multiply was one you might use? Why did you like it? Is there one you probably wouldn't use? Why not?

8 comments:

  1. standard form cause I already knew how to do it. Yes cause it's complicated

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant to say for what is complicated area model

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do standard because I know it by heart ,and lattice is HARD!
    Dyani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Standard because I already knew it ,I wouldn't do lattice because if I had to go somewhere and do multiplication I wouldn't pull out a piece of paper and do lattice. do something quick like standard
    Avery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle:
    Which way to multiply was one you might use? Why did you like it? Is there one you probably wouldn't use? Why not?

    lattice is to hard !!!! standard form is better simple and easy . .
    +

    (forgot to hit publish button last night so posting it this morning.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Partial product, cause I learned it in 4th grade. Lattice is too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Standard because its simple and I know well. I won't use area model because its hard and complicated.

    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Standard because it is easier for me


    Jada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.