Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 3: Helicopter Drop

This week my science classes completed a helicopter drop to test a hypothesis.

Untitled

We cut our paper helicopters out and started testing.

Untitled

Students had to figure out how to make the helicopter spin in the opposite direction, spin faster, and what a paper clip would do to the helicopter.

Untitled

This was a fun way to use the scientific method. Students wrote a short response about what they thought, what they did, and the results.

Untitled

STUDENTS: Tell me about one hypothesis you tested. What happened? Did you like this experiment? Why? Don't just say it was fun,, what was it about the experiment that was fun?

4 comments:

  1. My hypothesis was that putting the paper clip near the top would make it crash it did end up crashing.i liked the experiment because we all got to stand on our chairs and drop it and learning at the same time.
    Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hypothesiswas putting the paperclip on the bottom of the helicopterwould make it spin faster.IT spinned faster.Yes.Watching the helicopter spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hypothesis was putting a paperclip will make it crash ( in the middle) and guess what it really crash, and it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hypothesis was......putting a paperclip on it made it spin faster

    hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.