Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 20- Solid, Liquid, and Gas

Untitled

This week we started our chemistry unit! It is my favorite science unit. We started by learning about solids, liquids, and gases.

Untitled

The kids put each in a bag/cup and spent some time experimenting to learn about their properties.

Untitled

Untitled

We have also been singing about solids, liquids, and gases. I love using music to teach and this one was perfect for our lesson this week.



We also added and subtracted fractions with unlike denominators. Do you know about the butterfly method?

Butterfly























STUDENTS: We have been reading The Watson's Go to Birmingham, which is one of my favorite books. Tell me what you favorite part of the book is so far.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite book is The Waston's to Birmingham. My part is when a little boy fell in the snow and said pink me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when bryon kissed the mirror

    ReplyDelete
  3. when they were joking on him saying thats not their son

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is when mom was trying to burn Bryon's fingers off with the matches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretending, or imaginative play, is one of the cornerstones of a young child's world. Kids begin demonstrating this behavior around the age of 2.liquids.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.