Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 19- Think Win-Win

Untitled

This week we worked on fractions. The kids played a go fish game of fractions. Before playing, they had to reduce the fractions so they would know what to ask for when playing. We didn't make it past reducing the fractions but next week we'll try again.

Untitled

Untitled


Our school is also in the first year of becoming a Leader in Me school. Each teacher submitted their favorite quote along with a photo. The Lighthouse team created this display in the hallway outside the library. I love looking at the different quotes and the kids love it as well! I noticed several of them stopping to read the quote and look at the pictures this week.

Untitled

We talked about habit 4: Think Win-Win. So today we did a little activity to practice! I grouped the students and they had to stand side by side with their feet touching. Then they had to come up with a way to move around the desks without letting their feet come apart. Most groups came up with a plan and they were able to complete the task. A few had to start over but everyone was thinking win-win.

Untitled

STUDENTS: This week I asked you to pick one habit to focus on and come up with a plan of action. Share the habit you are working on and what you plan to do. When you list the habit make sure to list the habit number and explain what that habit means.

I am working on Think Win-Win. Since this habit talks about your emotional bank account I'm leaving positive post it notes on student work in the hallway throughout the building. One younger student came up to me this week and she was so excited that I had left a "good job" note on her work in the hallway. She was smiling from ear to ear! I know I was able to make a deposit into her emotional bank account!

3 comments:

  1. My habit is think win win or #4. I plan to give each person who I see in the hall way being good a secret hand shake and also put sticky notes on peoples work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My habit is Begin with in in mind.I plan to give sticky notes to the people who is ready to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My habit is #4. I plan to compliment peoples work and teach the people hand shakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.