Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Class Lists are posted & brochures mailed!

I start back to work Monday and everything is ready. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to do with my math wall so that will be a project for Tuesday.

I put a parent letter and the class brochure in the mail today for all my students. The class lists were posted today so I had to wait until today to mail them.

Brochure front

I make these every year to mail to my students. I order them from Vistaprint and I'm always happy with the way they turn out.

Brochure 2

Brochure 1

You can even see the QR codes I added to the back so the parents have easy access to our blog and webpage.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent along with the brochure.




In our classroom wall

I hung up the banner I made from Vistaprint as well. I used the bulletin board border and hot glued it around the poster. I also added the 7 Habits next to it.

Calming jar

I found this idea on Pinterest for making a calming jar so I had to try it. I had been saving an mayo jar and knew it would be perfect for this little project. Check out the link to find the pin/directions.

Calming jar shaken

So I'm back to school Monday. I know it is going to be so hard for me to get up in the mornings. I'm not really a morning person but it is time to become one! When I finish my math wall next week I'll make sure to share the pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via Twitter. I teach 5th grade as well and tried the calming jar last year. You were smart to use a plastic container...mine ended up shattering on the floor. :(

    Ashley--@ateach08

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your brochures. They look super professional :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day Monday! Your room and brochures look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you gave parents a heads-up regarding the QR code reader, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.